It's been a while.... for a variety of reasons, but when it has been a while, blogging anxiety sets in... the whole "how will I catch up?"... so I thought, maybe I won't catch up! Maybe I'll just start from here. 2015. A fresh start.
I know people say New Year's Resolutions don't work, people don't stick to them, etc. But I am of the mindset, that they can't hurt! Even if you stick to them for half a year, or a month, or whatever... an attempt to better yourself is never a bad thing. It also doesn't have to be an absolute or something extremely challenging. It can just be a new mindset, a new attitude.
So, my resolutions for this year aren't what I'm going to do... they are what I'm going to be.
Truthfully, between working full time (that's new since I last updated), going to grad school (also new since the last update!), raising two kids, and trying to get by, I don't have time to add anything else to my plate.
Resolutions for 2015
1. Be Organized. I wouldn't say I'm a terribly disorganized person, and in some aspects I'm pretty Type A and hyper-organized, but I could streamline my spaces & time by being even more organized. Also need to back-up and organize years worth of digital photos.
2. Be Active. Every spring, I always begin a new exercise plan that lasts a few months, and then the rest of the year I slack. This year I'd like to just be more active, all year round, not all the time, but enough. (And my new FitBit will help! Thanks B & V! Awesome gift!)
3. Be Creative. In the past couple years, I haven't made much. No crafts, no art, no photo albums, etc. I'd like to get back into making things. For myself and for gifts.
4. Be Patient. A skill I need to work on (I mean, really, who doesn't?)
5. Be Healthy. And not with a new year's crash diet. Make lifestyle changes and work towards long term health goals.
6. Be Social. I somehow allowed myself to let most all my friendships drift apart. I need to put myself out there more, reach out more, be more available. It's gotten pretty lonely.
7. Be Responsible. With this I'm mostly talking financially. I hope to make good decisions and build more savings and pay off more debt this year. It's always a delicate balance between wanting to have experiences for myself and my family, and wanting more financial stability.
8. Be Happy. This one is always a work in progress, but I've definitely lost my way, and need to find my way back to being a happier person.
|Photo by Satin Sky Photo. My favorite photo of 2014.|
I ended 2014 with a little less debt (if you don't count my new student loans), one semester completed in grad school (with all A's), fifteen pounds lighter, and with two healthy children. So I guess in all the ways that really count, this could be considered a good year. I read 110 books this year, compared to last year's 70, but less than the 209 in 2012.
So, here's to being a better person in 2015! Not about the things I'll do, but the person I'll be.
Leave me a comment, let me know you're reading! And please share with me YOUR view on resolutions and if you've made any this year, I'd love to hear them!